cdrecord problem

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Feb 24 17:14:54 UTC 2005

On Thursday 24 February 2005 5:15 pm, David Curry wrote:
> Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> > Paul Howarth wrote:
> >>
> >> Do you still have the ide-scsi emulation setup that you'd have
> >> needed in FC1? You can get rid of it for FC3.
> >
> > Also, if he was writing to DVD+R media, it simply won't work under
> > Fedora.  For whatever reason, cdrecord is refusing to finalize
> > (fixate) disks (if he writes to DVD+R under Fedora, and fixate
> > under Windows, disks will be OK, but than, why not do everything
> > under Windows).  If his writer supports DVD-R media too, writing to
> > DVD-R works OK.
>
> He might also want to make sure cdrecord permission settings after
> the upgrade allow users to write.

I don't have ide-scsi emulation running (not mentioned in
/boot/grub/menu.lst or listed in lsmod)

I'm not getting as far as fixating, it seems to failing at the point
where it tries to open the device.

I'm running as root, and obviously have exec permissions on the program.
What other permissions do I need to check?
--
Gary Stainburn