Squid question in FC3

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 24 18:23:18 UTC 2005

Chris wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation. It seems that I should have not check that
> check box when installing FC3...
[SELinux]

> The reason is that I want to make Apache faster by using Squid
> together with shm...

By shm, I assume you mean "Virtual memory file system support (former
shm fs)", which is now called tmpfs.

I haven't tried this, but you might care to try mounting a tmpfs
filesystem over /var/spool/squid, restorecon it (to set the SELinux
labels), squid -z (to create the swap directories), and then start
squid.

If you get that working, you can script it for the next boot-up.

Of course, you'll lose all your cache over a reboot...

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | "It has taken 24 years to get the Reichstag wrapped.
Exeter    Devon    UK | Chancellor Kohl said it would only be wrapped over