"Install exited abnormally"

tajordan no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Thu Feb 24 19:20:26 UTC 2005

First, I'll apologize for probably not having every bit of relevant information. I'm at work and my (attempted) linux box is at home. I've got:
Asus P4T mobo, Intel 1.7G P4, 1GB RDRAM, Seagate 120GB Baracuda (brand new), nVidia graphics card, Sony CD-R, aUSB card, and a firewire card.

The install appears to go smoothly until I am installing the packages. I get the error "Install exited abnormally", everything unmounts, and I am told to reboot. I have tried 5 different distros and the same thing happens. My next-to-last attempt was with Trustix, which did the same thing. Then I tried Trustix with Lilo instead of Grub, and everything worked. So, I'm guessing that the issue is with Grub. The problem is that I want to run Fedora, not Trustix. Any thoughts? I ran Redhat 6.1 years ago, and Suse (dual boot on a G3 Powerbook) about 2 years ago. Never really did anything with either one, so I am definitely new. DOS was so easy.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org