Text files

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Feb 25 00:01:53 UTC 2005

On Thursday 24 February 2005 18:14, H. Streit wrote:
>Okay, one of our programmers wants to start porting over a unix app
> he wrote to *shudder* windows.  In order to do this, he's mounted
> his home directory to his windows box via samba, now he's trying to
> copy over the sourcecode, but he's having that infamous
> "UNIX-to-DOS text file format" issue (a.k.a LF vs CRLF).  He's
> trying to write a batch file using gvim to convert all these
> files...and everything works if you type-out everything at the
> cmd.exe prompt, but the batch file won't batch...here's what he's
> got
>
>gvim -c "set ff=dos" -c "saveas source.i" -c x
> -<H:\username\src\source.i gvim -c "set ff=dos" -c "saveas
> source.h" -c x -<H:\username\src\source.h gvim -c "set ff=dos" -c
> "saveas source.c" -c x -<H:\username\src\source.c
>
>any suggestions?

Yes, copy the whole thing as is to a tempdir on the linux box, then
run a bash script that applies 'tr' to all the files with the correct
syntax, and when thats done, then copy it to the (spit) windows box &
throw away the tempdir.  Faster than I just wrote the description
unless you got tomatoe cans and string for a network connection.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)