TVCard based on saa7134 and lirc

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Feb 25 02:15:12 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 04:33, JagVeM wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know how I can force my tvcard and lirc to cooperate?
> I can view tv programs, but I can't configure lirc for my remote controller.
>
> Help me!!!
>
> TVCard: Kworld (Philips saa7134 and radio tuner)

Been working on a mythtv box and initially had trouble getting the
remote setup.  Using a hauppauge PVR-350.

I assume with the lirc packages there is an irw program you can use to
test your remote.  Run irw in a cli and then press the buttons on the
remote.  You should get output showing which button you pressed.

To get this part working correctly you have to get the /etc/lircd.conf
file configured for your particular remote.

For mythtv at least you also need to create a .lircrc file (or possibly
a ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc file, this part was unclear so I put in both
places).

Assumption here is that you are using lircd.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Last guys don't finish nice.
		-- Stanley Kelley, on the cult of victory at all costs