xine

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Fri Feb 25 03:28:47 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 21:01 -0600, Langer, Christian wrote:
> I tried to install the xine rpm on my FC3, but it said I was lacking a
> number of files; where might I find these files?

Well, that would all depend on the files you need to find ;)

You should try using a dependency solver /resolver, like yum, up2date,
apt-get or a new one named smartd.  These will find and download all the
dependencies for your rpms.  Issue commands like this [as root] :

yum install xine

and it takes care of the rest...

See http://www.fedorafaq.org/#installsoftware

and

man yum

and/or

man up2date

yum and up2date should already be installed on your machine, the others
you'd need to install.  I'd choose one, learn it and use it.  I reach
for yum, not really sure why.  Just learned it first I guess.  YMMV

--
Craig Thomas <cjtinhp at optonline.net>