One Note

Dexter Ang thepoch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 09:54:48 UTC 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:47:12 +0000, D. D. Brierton <darren at dzr-web.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 01:29 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>
> > Maybe http://www.tuxcards.de/
> > I must confess I don't know the Microsoft tool. Else you may try
> > http://freshmeat.net and do a little search there. It lists several
> > tools of this kind.
>
> Like Alex I've never used the MS tool either, but it sounds a bit like
> Tomboy, a Mono application written by Alex Graveley which many of the
> Novell GNOME hackers have been raving about on Planet GNOME. I'm afraid
> I don't have a URL of it to hand, you'll need to google for it. Also, in
> order to install it you'll need to install Mono as well, and I don't
> know what the best repository for that is (there used to be a yum
> repository at the official Mono site but I don't know if there still
> is).
>
> Best, Darren

And to help out a bit, the URL is at http://www.beatniksoftware.com/ .
You'll see the link to tomboy there. But it doesn't seem to work with
the official mono-project.com rpms and the rpm available on beatnik
site. I've installed it by using the rpms available at nrpms.net. They
have a mono repo there. Warning is that their build of tomboy requires
dbus-sharp, which requires a higher version of dbus than available on
default FC3. I just installed all required mono rpms manually, then
install tomboy and dbus-sharp rpms with --nodeps. No problems so far
and great app.

dex