Werid Mozilla Firefox Problem on Fedora Core 3

Sharon Kimble skimble04 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 13:19:49 UTC 2005

Ahmed Abdel-Aliem wrote:

> hi
> i have installed Fedora Core 3
> i have a wierd problem with Mozilla Firefox Browser,
> it works fine with all the websties except one site
> it is www.gmail.com it
> it doesn't connect to it at all except 2 times in the whole week
> i updated it to the last version and it is still the  same,
> i installed netscape and still have the same problem
> u may think it is from the connection or something, but it is not,
> cause when i try to open that site from Konqurer browser at anytime it
> opens with no problems,
> but the problem it gmail doesn't support Konqurer browser so i need to
> open it from mozilla.
> anyone can help ?

I had the same problem, except it in my case it became such that I was
unable to see -=any=- screen in firefox, i.e. it ran but was non-visible!

In my mail of 2005-02-21 this was my solution, "The last site visited was my
gmail account and it appears from reading the help pages for gmail that
there is some problem with using gmail and firefox! They recommended
installing the firefox from mozilla.org, so using yum I uninstalled
firefox.rpm and then installed the mozilla-type firefox.

And it works, I've got firefox visible and I can use it with my gmail
account too!"

Sharon.
--
 13:16:55 up 5 days, 20:43,  1 user,  load average: 1.08, 1.12, 1.25
A taste of linux http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/efever/index.html