How to change xterm font ?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at att.net
Fri Feb 25 13:33:12 UTC 2005

            *I've recently been afflicted with a vision problem and need
            to change the xterm font for improved visibility.

            CTRL-Right click permits selection of "Huge" which is almost
            enough improvement but a bold font, perhaps MS Comic would
            be a lot better than the regular font displayed with FC-2.

            It appears from "man xterm" that xterm -fs "fontname" should
            do it but that hasn't worked? I may be doing something wrong
            there? I normally use xfce if that has any effect, but Gnome
            is available  .

            Any suggestion appreciated.

            Thank you.

            Bob Goodwin    Zuni, Virginia