FC3 upgrade RH 7.2 install, anaconda/sendmail problem

micheal sundance at sundanceloki.com
Fri Feb 25 14:26:17 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 08:00 -0600, Jess Anderson wrote:
> I recently did a fresh install of FC3 on my laptop, blowing
> away the FC1 that had been running there. Seemed to go pretty
> well, with not too many post-install reconfiguration issues.
>
> Emboldened and overconfident, I decided to do an upgrade
> install on my main workstation, which had been running RH 7.2
> with all its upgrades (until that train ran out of track).
>
> Not *lots* of problems, but one that kept me stymied for
> several days.

> I'm not on the developer list, so I'm posting my story here.

Thanks for sharing your story, and I regret that you had problems.

However, I must recommend against "upgrading" from 7.2 as opposed to
doing a fresh install. I think most people would agree with me.  There
is just too much difference in th OS's. Its much safer to do a complete
backup and fresh install in that case.

HTH