GUI login?

Michael Scottaline nbhs2 at i-2000.com
Fri Feb 25 14:29:27 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:57:48 -0800 (PST)
Mark L <armyengineer21 at yahoo.com> insightfully noted:

ML>Okay, maybe I'm just an idiot.....  I installed Fedora
ML>Core on my laptop
ML>(dual booting w/WinXP), everything seemed to go well
ML>but I can't seem to
ML>figure out how to get a GUI login.  I've searched and
ML>read and tried
ML>just about everything I can find, but still all I get
ML>is the text.  Yes,
ML>I'm a newbie but I know this shouldn't be this hard!
As root, open a text editor and open /etc/inittab
change the idconfig line by replacing the 3 with a 5
save the edited file and your next boot *should* bring you to a gui login
HTH,
Mike
--
"The man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30
years of his life"