kernel.org site map?

Douglas Frank frank at zk3.dec.com
Fri Feb 25 16:41:37 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've got a Redhat 9 laptop I'm trying to upgrade from 2.4.20 to 2.6.10,
all in one "go."  Is that feasible?  (I can't go to FC3, X.org doesn't
support my graphics chipset.)

Currently I'm trying to understand why, after apparently successful
makes of bzImage and modules, "make install" generates a ton of errors
e.g.:

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.6.10/mumble/foo.ko

(Any clues appreciated. :-)

I poked around www.kernels.org and they helpfully offer that they have
"much more than just kernels."  Well perhaps they do, but without a link
or two, or maybe a site map, whatever else have is a big fat secret. :-P

--
Douglas Frank    HP Co.
ZKO              110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,