FC3 create floppy disk

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 17:13:15 UTC 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:03:48 +0100, Pasquale Imbemba <p.imbemba at email.it> wrote:
> how do I configure fedora 3 to make a bootdisk after installation?

In FC3 the kernel and init image are too big to fit on a floppy, thus
bootable floppy support has been writhdrawn.  However, there is
little need anymore since they have the Rescue CD (asuming your
BIOS supports bootable CDs, which almost all do nowdays).  Just
make sure you have a burned copy of the rescue CD on hand
before you discover one day you need it.

Supposedly you could make a custom bootable CD, but I'm not
sure of the procedure.  The rescue CD is pretty much all you need
now, unless you have a very unusual setup.

--
Deron Meranda