X problems on Dell Latitude w/i915 graphics (and Fn-key questions)

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Feb 25 19:21:11 UTC 2005

Toralf Lund wrote:

I don't know about the fn-keys problem.

>> Have you tried to use the i810 driver for the Intel 915 cards?
>

> Yes. X server doesn't even start with that one. Maybe we need a never
> version, or something, though...

It is strange that this card does not even work with the i810 driver. On
the fredesk.org website, I got this excerpt.

# i810 driver updates

     *      Dualhead support (i830+)
     *      i915 support
     *      New 3D driver (i830+)

You might want to try one of the i915 drivers in the nightly builds
directory. I have not tried these drivers out, but since the i810 driver
does not work for you, maybe you could get the i915 driver working or
your computers.

http://dri.freedesktop.org/snapshots/

Jim