FC3 create floppy disk

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 25 19:45:33 UTC 2005

Pasquale Imbemba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how do I configure fedora 3 to make a bootdisk after installation? In
> FC1, I clicked on "no bootloader" during installation (when GRUB was
> proposed) and at the very end of the installation, fedora asked if I
> wanted to create a bootdisk, since it would not be possible to boot
> the system otherwise.
>
> In FC3, this doesn't occur! I don't want no boot loader to be
> installed anywhere, except on floppy... where do I find the relative
> settings?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Pasquale

Try this out see if it works  - It does for me;
    Use rescue CD to boot up, at the promt enter; linux rescue ( or just
press F5 instead ).
    Later as instructed, enter chroot /mnt/sysimage.
    And then insert a blank and formatted f32 floppy into drive A, don't
do the mount for it! Enter this command : grub-install /dev/fd0
    Now you use this to boot the fc3, and it will bring your to the grub
boot up menu.