FW: Install problems Fedora Core 3 - Dell OptiPlex....

Irving, Dave Dave.Irving at logicacmg.com
Fri Feb 25 21:08:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

Im trying to install Fedora Core 3 on an old Dell box which was, until
today, running Win NT (Dell OptiPlex GX110).
During the (GUI) install process, I noticed that the screen wasn't
refreshing very well (e.g, was not repainting properly if I scrolled the
help menus). I thought this might sort itself out after the install.
However, after the install completed (successfully according to the install
tool), the screen just went mad (random colour lines all over the screen) -
moving the mouse or pressing keyboard buttons did nothing.
So I rebooted, and at start up (the usual starting this, starting that
console messages appeared), but then the screen blew again.
I have no idea what to do next.
Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Dave