Temporary Root Authroization For Gnome

Fri Feb 25 23:16:21 UTC 2005

Is there a way that as my normal user (crute.michael) I can authorize
Gnome as root. What I am talking about is something like running system
tools as a regular user, you put in your root password and you can run
the tool but when the tool shuts down if "forgets" that authorization. I
would like to be able to do this with Gnome so that the file manager can
run as root until I tell it to "forget the user authorization". Right
now I have two alternatives, log in to Gnome as root or use a command
prompt neither of which I want to do. Does anyone know how to do this?

-Mike
*Michael E. Crute
Software Developer
SoftGroup Development Corporation
*
/"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"

/Windows Computers manufactured by companies such as Dell, Compaq, HP,
and millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70
million machines in use worldwide. Linux fans, on the other hand, may
note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that
numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -- NY Times