FC3 86x_64: check, burn, boot problems

Scott Elliott sgelliot at mtu.edu
Sat Feb 26 00:36:06 UTC 2005

I am having problems with this also.
I have an AMD64(754pin) and an MSI mobo.
the iso checks out with the md5sum.
it boots the dvd no problem, to the screen asking what type of install.
just hitting enter key, for  graphical install, and it starts to boot,
mounts the different directories it needs, and trys to run something in
/sbin (sorry, forget the name at this point). so, it gets to this point,
and the cursor blinks at the bottom of the screen. after a few seconds,
it moves to the right, but no * or anything is on screen. does this a
few more times, then stops moving. no hard drive activity, no cpu
activity, and my num-lock key doesnt toggle.
anyway, thats my problem, if anyone knows anything about this situation,
i could use the help. thanks.

-Scott