List Rules

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 26 03:47:30 UTC 2005

All:

Here is the first edition of the List Rules.

The first thing is that I, like you, are a regular member of the list
but have read through many messages about 'netequitte' within this list.

Just a couple of hints:

1.  Set your mailer to send only plain text messages to the list.  HTML
mail does not work well, is blocked by some of our list members, and
sadly wastes bandwidth.  Also, some members, like myself, disabled
display of HTML mail because they can be used for spam detectors and can
send malware code.
2.  Place your replies at the bottom of messages.  This is an old method
used for many years.  Preface any text to be replied to with a
character, most folks use a greater than sign '>' but any special
printable character will suffice.
3.  Search the list archives before posting a question.  Many topics
have been discussed extensively in prior messages.  Also, please read
through the Release Notes for Fedora Core.  There are major changes with
this release, including making Secure Linux (SELinux) a default.
4.  Placing two dashes and a space between message content and your
signature, will in most cases, result in automatic cutoff of your
signature when your messages are replied to.  Please note:  Some mailers
will not display any content to include this line and any lines below it.
5.  To unsubscibe from the list you can visit the Fedora Mail List web
page at http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
6.  Please contact me directly with suggestions and comments.
--
James McKenzie
With assistance, Now running 2.6.11rc4, Software Suspend 2