Up2date problem

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sat Feb 26 11:09:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 23:06 +0200, Ahmed Abdel-Aliem wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:48:57 +0000, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> > Ahmed Abdel-Aliem wrote:

> > > well, i tried to access the two links from the web browser and they
> > > worked with no problems at all.
> > > i still don't see the reason prventing the update
> >
> > Neither do I; could you try:
> > # up2date-nox --list
> >
> > and if that fails, you could always give yum a try:
> > # yum check-update
> > and if that works:
> > # yum update
> >
> > Paul.
>

> well, i tried yum but i didn't get anything at all
> not even error messages

Are you on dialup or broadband Internet connection?

If you're on broadband, consider making your own local updates
repository and see if you can get up2date or yum to work with that.
There's an article on setting up a repository at:
http://www.fedoranews.org/alex/tutorial/yum/

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>