Sound with emu10k and sblive

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 15:48:35 UTC 2005

Ludwig Goon wrote:
> I have an sblive card and I'm trying to get digital out to work.
> I have emu-tools 9.4.1-1 and alsa utils and libs.
>
> Does anyone know how to set this up? I have searched everywhere.
>
> My hardware is an asus av7133C with a sblive card, athlon processor.
>

> -lg

In the Volume Control, every time you boot, you need to un-mute PCM and
run the double sliders all the way to the top. Then run your horizontal
slider all the way to the right. You will see a  window that says, "SB
Live Analog/Digital Output Jack" and in it a checked box saying "Mute."
Un-mute that setting--and your digital output should work.

I inherited a Boston Acoustics digital 4.1 system recently, and not
until I installed FC3 on my machine was I able to get this to work. I
discovered the "SB Live Analog/Digital Output Jack Mute" box quite by
accident. But once I un-checked that "Mute" box, the digital sound
system worked--and it has worked ever since.

Temlakos