OT -- > GMail and Reply-To: Advice

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 16:41:01 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:09:52 -0500, M.Rudra <dr.rudra at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:54:36 -0500, Paul M. Bucalo
> <pmbuc at pmbservices.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 18:59 +0000, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> >
> > >  - do you know of a way to change the default reply so it
> > > doesn't set the cursor up to top post?
> >
> > Nope. That appears to be a hard coded aspect of their Web client.
> > It wouldn't be a bad idea to send some feedback to Google about the
> > "Reply-To:" field and top posting. The more that complain about what's
> > missing or wrong, the greater the chance of seeing change. It's "Beta",
> > after all. :0)
>
> i sent them feedback last May/June but to date they have not changed.
> The sig at the bottom with the top-posting feature is most
> frustrating.
> ~ MR

I wonder...

Did anybody *ever* get any reply (other than the automated one) from a
suggestion to gmail? I have made a couple of suggestions myslef, but
have no way of knowing if they even read it!

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680