List Rules

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Feb 26 22:36:17 UTC 2005

jdow wrote:

 >> ... that it helps to remove barriers to communication.

> I finally exit Fedora lists entirely.

>. {+_+}    Good by and good riddance.

Hopefully you will not leave the lists if any of the subject matters are
of interest to you or you can help someone else out with a problem.

Claiming that posting a certain way is more valuable than the other way
is a venture into the "land of no results". The list was setup for
Fedora users to learn from others with their previous obstacles that
they personally had to overcome or read up on how a program should be
setup according to design.

On the other hand, the list was not setup to have a dedicated format for
only posting in a certain format. I know the subject never ceases or
results in anything positive. Reading the archives would lead one to
that conclusion also.

Repeating futile attempts to police the list should be better spent on
dedication to helping users get the best experience from FC that is
possible.

I hate to see someone repelled by a particular neverending thread. I can
understand why the subject is repelling listers from contributing, since
it floods their mailboxes and distracts from concentrating on asking for
help or trying to give help related to Fedora usage or overcoming
problems with current public releases.

Now back to our program.

Jim

--