List Rules

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Sun Feb 27 01:00:04 UTC 2005

Mail Lists wrote:

> Please can we stop wasting badnwidth on this. if you
> feel strongly put up a website with yoru view on etiquette.
>
> Lets try and keeop the list on topic.
>
> thanks'
>
>g/

Where in hell were you during true episodes of bandwidth waste!

The fact of the matter is that new subscribers are steadily joining the
list as others unsubscribe from time to time.   Those new subscribers
come to the list with diverse backgrounds, diverse experiences with
other mailing lists, and differing levels of prior preparation.

Exchanges like the present thread serve to communicate list conventions
to those new subscribers and to facilitate responses to questions from
more expert fedora users who want to assist other users.

Bitching and bellyaching about a very modest effort to promote and
maintain community conventions is unhelpful at best and bordering on the
infantile.