File Types and Programs

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Sun Feb 27 01:28:27 UTC 2005

Steve Fink wrote:

>Anyone,
>
>I've been trying to set the default icon for certain files like .doc
>files or .rtf and such.
>
>I remember using the File Types and Programs utility to do it before,
>now I can't find any reference to this in Fedora Core 3.  Did something
>else take it's place?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Best,
>
>Steve

Steve, I don't know about FC3 but in FC2 one can set the default icon
for file types as follows.

Red Hat icon --> Preferences --> File types and programs -->  "highlight
file class" --> "highlight subclass" --> edit --> icon

This was a by product of explorations earlier today while trying to
figure how to use the desktop icon placed on my desktop by the TurboTax
installation program I ran under wine.

Hope this helps.