autoloading iptables modules

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Sun Feb 27 10:06:13 UTC 2005

In the good ol' days of modules.conf, I used to be able to do:

add above ip_conntrack ip_conntrack_ftp ip_conntrack_irc
add above iptable_nat ip_nat_ftp ip_conntrack_ftp ip_nat_irc ip_conntrack_irc

in order to automatically add the ip_conntrack_ftp/irc and
ip_nat_ftp/irc modules.  My question is, whats the best way to do this
using modprobe.conf?  It seems like this would work:

install ip_conntrack /sbin/modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp; \
/sbin/modprobe ip_conntrack_irc; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ip_conntrack

install iptable_nat /sbin/modprobe ip_nat_ftp; /sbin/modprobe \
ip_conntrack_ftp; /sbin/modprobe ip_nat_irc; /sbin/modprobe \
ip_conntrack_irc; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install iptable_nat

but it seems a bit messy, and probably wrong given my limited
understanding of how modprobe.conf syntax works...

Thanks for any help,
Tim

--
Morals?  I eat communism and $h!t America, brother.  --Seanbaby