regarding the floppy boot disk and HTTP installation

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sun Feb 27 11:18:27 UTC 2005

On 27 Feb 2005 at 16:12, Ankush Grover wrote:

Date sent:      	Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:12:37 +0530
From:           	Ankush Grover <ankush174 at gmail.com>
To:             	For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Subject:        	regarding the floppy boot disk and HTTP installation
Send reply to:  	Ankush Grover <ankush174 at gmail.com>,
       	For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
	<mailto:fedora-list-request at redhat.com?subject=subscribe>

> Hey friends,
>
>  I have to install FC3 on 10 computers in few days time ,the FC3 is on
> DVD means DVD edition and also i  have only one DVDRW in my office.I
> want to use either HTTP/FTP/NFS method for installing FC3 on all the
> computers.I know that the FC3 kernel cannot fit into one floppy.Then
> how to create a cd in which i can start installing FC3 and later on
> give the path for HTTP/FTP/NFS installation.
>
> Please guide me how to create such cd image and how to install FC3
> through HTTP/FTP/NFS method.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Ankush

Others will probable give you info on those options, but if you are
talking about setting up the same type of systems. If the machines
are all the same hardware and diskdrives. Programs that can copy
entire hard drive at one time. G4U (Ghost for Unix), G4L (Ghost for
Linux), and Updcast. G4U and G4L copy partitions/drives using an
ftp server. Updcast copies directly from the harddisk to harddisk thru
the network using multicast, so it can copy to all other machines at
one time.

http://udpcast.linux.lu/
I've only just tired this one today, but was able to image 10
machines at once using it.

> --

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned:  15,726
Processing time:  30 years,  85 days, 22 hours,  2 minutes
(Total Hours: 264,862)