FC3 default X fontconfig

Ian Miller fedora at thetasig.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 14:28:48 UTC 2005

Hi,

I recently upgraded xorg-x11 to the development version to try and
clear up a problem I was having with font corruption in konsole.
It seems to have done the trick, but unfortunately, the upgrade had
the side-effect of changing all my default system-wide X fonts.

e.g. Monospace became Bitstream Vera Sans Monospace, whereas before
it was (I believe), Luxi. I've managed to change back to Luxi for
monospace in /etc/fonts/local.conf - but I don't know what the
original 'Sans' and 'Sans Serif' fonts were - can anyone tell me
these, or how I can retrieve the original /etc/fonts/ files that
came with FC3?

cheers,
ian