FC3 default X fontconfig

P Jones deerfieldtech at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 16:14:09 UTC 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:28:48 +0000, Ian Miller
<fedora at thetasig.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded xorg-x11 to the development version to try and
> clear up a problem I was having with font corruption in konsole.
> It seems to have done the trick, but unfortunately, the upgrade had
> the side-effect of changing all my default system-wide X fonts.
>
> e.g. Monospace became Bitstream Vera Sans Monospace, whereas before
> it was (I believe), Luxi. I've managed to change back to Luxi for
> monospace in /etc/fonts/local.conf - but I don't know what the
> original 'Sans' and 'Sans Serif' fonts were - can anyone tell me
> these, or how I can retrieve the original /etc/fonts/ files that
> came with FC3?
>
> cheers,
> ian

Hi Ian;

Just yesterday I posted a very similar question. I would like to
change my system wide fonts to the Vera fonts, since I've been having
unsatisfactory display issues with the Luxi fonts in FC3, which I
believe are the default system fonts. Sans is Luxi Sans, Sans Serif is
Luxi Sans Serif, I think.

To possibly confirm this, after your xorg upgrade, do you still have
the Luxi fonts installed?

-P