long wait for log out window

Angelo Machils angelus at sangreal.demon.nl
Sun Feb 27 21:12:53 UTC 2005

Hello there!

Since a while (since 2.6.10-1.766_FC3???) I have noticed that when I
choose 'Log Out' from the window in Gnome (running on FC3 x86-64, fully
updated) it takes a very long time before the actual window (where you
can choose either to logout, halt or restart the system) appears. I'm
talking several minutes here, and during that time I can also choose
nothing from the menu, but for the rest the system works without a
fault. Top says the system is pretty much idle, so it's not a
performance problem.
Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a known bug?

Kind regards, Angelo