Install completed but boot failure

Roger Lin roger at linfamily.org
Mon Feb 28 05:54:01 UTC 2005

Please let me know if there is any workaround or I should try a
different Linux. I downloaded the Fedora core 3 DVD iso file, burned
to DVD, it checked out fine, install on a AMC Sempron 2400+ with ECS
KT600-A MB, WD 80 GB IDE drive. The installation completed
successfully, then click the restart button, it try to boot for
several minutes then failed with the following message:

BOOT FAILURE, ENTER SYSTEM DISK PRESS ENTER.

I have tried twice, 1st manually partitioned the drive on the brand
new hard drive. The second time, I deleted all the partition and used
auto partition option. Both time failed with the same error.

I installed Windows XP on a seperate drive, all went fine. Running as
smooth as it can be.

Any ideas? Was the problem related to the processor or the hard
drive? It's a plain new WD IDE drive with 8 mb cache, can't believe
that can be a problem...

I would like to try Fedora Core 2, see if that can install on the
same box, but can't find the link to download it. Is it still
available?

Thanks a lot,

New Linux learner