Need help creating CDs that will pass mediacheck

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 28 08:26:04 UTC 2005

Dan Trobridge wrote:
> The burned image was put back to the harddisk and md5sum run against
> it again.  The numbers matched.  I think this implies that everything
> should be fine yet the install keeps stopping on the
> glibc-common-2.3.3-74 cannot be found error.

Read Jim's post on this.

nodma option is very often VITAL to proper installation.

Too often probably, but then there are so many IDE controllers out there
which don't necessarily 100% conform I guess we can't blame the software.

Strongly suggest trying this especially if you're running VIA or SIS
chipsets. I've never really found a problem with Intel, but others may have.

Regards,
Ed.