Fedora core 3 pctel modem installation problem....help..???

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 10:44:03 UTC 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:14:40 +0530, Vivek Ravindranath K
<vravindranath at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>                    I recently installed fedora core 3 and I am not able
> to use my pct789 chipset pctel internal modem...

see linmodem.org. It would be better to just buy a supported real modem though

> as fedora core 3 has kernel 2.6.xx....

no easy way. fc3 uses kernel 2.6 features extensively

.how do I install an older
> kernel....when I install kernel 2.4.xxx I get an error messege saying
> udev conflicts with the kernel....

 if I give the --nodeps option while installing....the kernel is not
> installed....please suggest a solution....

you should NEVER force a rpm installation without explicitly knowly
what exactly you are doing

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram