gaussian

Nelson Brito ntbrito at fc.up.pt
Mon Feb 28 14:45:59 UTC 2005

Hi there,
This is my first message to the list, so don't be too rough on me :-)
I am trying to copile gaussian 03 (a software for quantum mechanics on
chemistry) on fedora 3 but i am having problems with the library crtbeginS.o
ld never finds the file and i get the message
/usr/bin/ld: /crtbeginS.o: No such file: No such file or directory
I installed the libs that provide this file and the file is in
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.2/crtbeginS.o, apart from that i
installed compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.118 to have the older version of the lib
but ld still can't use it.

Needed to say that the "older" crtbeginS.o is under
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux7/2.96/ and i added the path to ld.so.conf

can anyone help with this please?

Thank you so much,
nb

--