FC 3 -- Ready for Production Deploymnet??

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Mon Feb 28 16:50:05 UTC 2005

> Production deployment doing what?  Maybe you can tell us a little bit
> more information for what your plans are.  For example, I might run
> RHEL for a super-high traffic web server, hosting an ecommerce site
> with secure SSL transactions, etc.  I might use Fedora for a local
> print server and/or file server.  In my opinion there are lots of uses
> like this, that are still in a production environment, and for these
> uses I think Fedora is more than ready.
>
> Marc

[Tim Holmes wrote]
When I finally deploy it, it will power 2 webservers running apache -
one a development server, and one the production box -- the production
box has 6 websites on it totaling maybe 200 hits a day with some
database calls etc (external MySQL box), 1 database server with MySQL
(has about 5 small databases on it right now -- this will be increasing)
and one 1/2 tb file server that has about 60gb of data on it right now.
The file server runs samba.  I will also be deploying it as a print
server in the near future, as well as it runs my monitoring boxes which
have Nagios (one machine) and Cacti (one machine) as well as a
listserver that is planned for the near future which will run Mailman.

TIM