Is mixing yum repos ok?

Lloyd Hayes lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 17:32:58 UTC 2005

>> How safe/dangerous is it to mix repos? I recently added the kde-redhat
>> to my yum config. Now I'm seeing updates for kde and Qt in the
>> kde-redhat repo, is it safe to apply them?

I'm not an expert, but I do know this one.

You need to check with the repository.
An example would be that downloads from Fedora.US can not be mixed with FreshRPMs. This information is posted on their websites, along with the repositories that they can be mixed with. These 2 repositories place files required files in different directories.

--

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
E-FAX Number: (208) 248-6590