An update is needed Fedora!

Rene Bon Ciric (Renich) no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Mon Feb 28 18:43:38 UTC 2005

OK guys we are one heartbeat away from the grand finale. Almost there...

Everything has been acomplished. Im talking about the installation of:

- Apache 2.0.x
- MySQL 4.1.x
- PHP 5.0.x with great extensions

The only thing that remains is to enable the mysqli extension.

Strange but when i rebuild the SRPMS, for a strange reason, the php.spec file is configured to enable MySQL 3.23.x support and not the MySQL 4.1.x extension (mysqli)

I followed Mr Paul H. but I checked out the php.spec file and it seems to me that there would be missing packages if i did change the compile options from --with-mysql to --with-mysqli. The rpm would be built with the wrong info and I don't know exactly what to change.

The way I see it, there are 2 possible solutions for this issue:

- Compile or generate a mysqli.so extension
- Rebuild (Paul's suggestion) php5 SRPM

Which is best and who would like to help me on this?

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=43800&topic_id=10549&forum=4#forumpost43800