Thunderbird no longer send/recv'ing mail

Chris Jones linux at stow-jones.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 20:51:29 UTC 2005

Dan Trainor wrote:
> David Curry wrote:
>
>> list reader wrote:
>>
>>> dant- It sounds as though one of your POP accounts IMAP account may
>>> be at
>>> fault here. If it truely happens on a regular basis, (every 15
>>> minutes) maybe one of your accounts is a bit slow ... or worse ...
>>> you've got a 30 meg attachment that needs more time to come down.
>>>
>>> dan

> Well, regardless of any of that....  Thanks for the time, "list reader",
> however, with any other MUA I have no problems whatsoever.  It seems
> that this situation is specific to Thunderbird on Linux.  Right now, I'm
> using Thunderbird in win32 (version 1.0 (20041206)), and it works fine.
>
> Has anyone else seen this problem?
>
> Thanks
> -dant

I also see this problem - currently, I only use Tbird on FC3 although I
do have it on my Win2k box. I had put it down to the fact that my fedora
mailbox currently has about 60k messages - a reminder that when I have
finished reading to-day's backlog, I must archive about 40k of these.

Another thing I notice with Tbird is that although I have configured it
to collect mail automatically, it does not do this (and never has even
in the beta and pre-release versions last year).

Otherwise, I find Tbird an excellent mail and news client.

--
Chris Jones