Problems burning DVD

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 21:00:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:43:19 +0100, Bernd Radinger <bradinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:12:19 +0100, Gérard Milmeister <gemi at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just burned a couple of AVI-files to a DVD. This seemed to work fine.
> > I mounted the DVD afterwards, and played an AVI-file with mplayer. While
> > the video was ok, the sounds was completely noise. MPlayer produced
> > errors like:
> > big_values too large!
> > Blocktype == 0 and window-switching == 1 not allowed.
> > big_values too large!
> > big_values too large!
> > big_values too large!
> > big_values too large!
> >
> > Badly interleaved AVI file detected - switching to -ni mode...
> >
> > How can this happen?
>
> did you verify the burned cds? (md5sum)

LOL. Gotta love when people put answers up that have nothing to do
with the question. What does verifying md5sums have to do with burning
AVI files, if there was no checksum to begin with? Nothing.

This is an error that apparently is related to how your AVI files were
encoded, and how they are buffered in Media Player.

Since neither of these issues are related to Fedora, I might suggest
googling for an answer:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-18,GGLD:en&q=%22big%5Fvalues+too+large%22

--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)