Battery-low auto suspend in FC3

Ed Swierk eswierk at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 28 21:00:24 UTC 2005

I've recently upgraded to an ACPI-capable laptop, and it works great with
FC3 for the most part.

One feature I miss from APM is the ability to have the laptop
automatically suspend itself when the battery power gets too low.

I use KDE and know that the klaptop feature supports automatically
suspending, but I'd like the laptop to sleep even if KDE happens not to be
running (e.g. while it's sitting at the login screen).  Also, klaptop's
idea of suspend is to twiddle /sys/power/state directly, which bypasses
the necessary unloading of modules that my own suspend script does.

Is there a simple daemon that monitors the battery power level via ACPI,
and can launch a script when it reaches a certain threshold?

--Ed

--
Ed Swierk
eswierk at cs.stanford.edu