Linksys WPC-11 wireless card

Vincent Cocco vcocco at berklee.edu
Mon Feb 28 20:54:46 UTC 2005

I have an older Linksys WPC-11 wireless card plugged into a Linksys
wireless PCI adapter on my Fedora box.  I also have an ethernet adapter
plugged into a PCI slot.

Linux sees eth0 as the wireless device and eth1 as the 'wired' device.

In the network configuration utility I have the eth1 profile disabled
and also have eth0 to be disabled at startup; have it enabled at system
boot seemed to hang the system for a little bit before the device
failing then successfully booting the system.

The network configuration utility sees the card as something other than
a Linksys card; I believe it's attempting to read the chipset and
coming up with the closet driver available.

When I go to save my configuration info in the network utility and
attempt to start up the card I get:

	Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
     	SET failed on device eth0 ; Device or resource busy.
	Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
     	SET failed on device eth0 ; Device or resource busy.

	Determining IP information for eth0... failed.

This particular card worked pretty well on my older RH 8 system running
on a laptop.

Has anyone gotten the Linksys PCI adapter/wireless card combo to work
on Fedora?

Thanks,