gaussian

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 21:09:31 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:23:08 +0000, Nelson Brito <ntbrito at fc.up.pt> wrote:
> Thank you for the all the answers.
>
> > Good! Did you, as root, also run "/sbin/ldconfig" after adding the line
> > and before compiling? That's necessary to "register" the changed
> > ld.so.conf
>
> Yes i ran ldconfig as root.
>
> > If this doesn't solve the problem, tell us exactly how you invoke the
> > compilation. With ./configure && make?
>
> the code is licensed and is mainly writen in fortran... i use a file
> provided by the seller to compile it. I can compile it perfectly on an
> older linux version, like redhat9, that's why i'm trying to use older
> version of the libs.
> Is there any way to tell gcc to use only a specific version of the libs,
> so i'd tell to use only the older one, located at:
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux7/2.96/
>
> thank you,
> nelson

Hi Nelson,

Did you try asking it on CCL? I'm pretty sure someone there would have
installed G03 on FC3 already, using gnu compilers.

In our case, we used PGI compilers, and it worked fine. Also, before I
tried compiling it under FC3, I tried just copying the executables I
had from RH9 into FC3: they did run *perfectly*, but I cannot say if
the PGI compiler had anything to do with that.

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680