Firefox/Thunderbird: opening links in running browser new tab

Scott Simontis ssimontis at spymac.com
Mon Feb 28 21:59:18 UTC 2005

Chazz McKinley wrote:

> Mark Weaver wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I know this has been discussed here previously, in fact I read the
>> thread in which it was discussed, however its been a while and since
>> reading this thread i've had to reload my system. ( new box ) Now,
>> i'd like to be able to make thunderbird load links into the running
>> browser on a new tab, but I can't remember how it is done. At the
>> moment links are opened in a brand new browser window. This is a pain
>> and I'd like to change this behavior.
>>
>> been googling for hours, and have checked the archives, but I can't
>> find it anywhere. Could some kind soul refresh my memory?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
> Is this what you're looking for?
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-December/msg07326.html

My way might be a little crude and simple, but I keep a blank tab open
at all times. I normally have a site up that I visit several times when
using my computer, or that is doing sometihng in the backgorund, like
Spam Vampire-type websites. To avoid accidentaly moving to another site,
I keep a tab open, so that all links open in that tab. Normally however,
I keep one window open with the site and a blank tab for protection, and
use a second window for anything else. It might not be the best way, but
it works for me.

--
Scott Simontis
ssimontis at spymac.com