Migrating from Evolution to Thunderbird: Address book Transfer?

Rich Renomeron renomero at toad.net
Thu Jan 6 04:24:38 UTC 2005

Chris Ruprecht wrote:

>But I'm having a hard time to get the addresses to move over. I have
>tried exporting out of Evolution - which creates a nicely formatted
>VCard file that Thunderbird has no way of reading.

Thunderbird can read VCards, but it can't seem to import them.  Usually
you pick them up off of mail messages.  (I don't usually use them, so my
memory may be a bit fuzzy.)

Try attactching the VCards to an e-mail message sent to yourself, and
then read that message with Thunderbird.  Each VCard should show up with
an option to "Add to Address Book".  Click it, and you should be on your
way.

I wouldn't try mixing LDIF files between Evolution and Thunderbird.  I
tried that once, it was not pretty.

Good luck,
Rich

--
 From the Notebook of Rich Renomeron
 No trees died for this e-mail, but many electrons were inconvenienced.