nsswitch.conf

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jan 8 05:29:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 22:50, Craig White wrote:
> in samba server (smb.conf) add 1 line
>
> wins support = true
>
> restart samba
>
> chances are, the windows computers will all be happy. If not, add the ip
> address of the linux computer to TCP/IP configuration on the windows
> computers or better yet, to the dhcp server
>
> My guess is that SuSE had 'wins support = true' already set. I don't
> think that samba.org ships it that way as a default
>
> Craig

The way I read the original posters question he wanted the Linux system
to resolve other windows systems IP addresses.  I believe setting wins
support to true makes the linux system run a wins server.  It will not
resolve names for IP type operations.

But if that fixes his problem great.  :)

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.