Bash scripting problems

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Sat Jan 8 16:48:01 UTC 2005

On Saturday 08 January 2005 18:41, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Sa, den 08.01.2005 schrieb Chadley Wilson um 17:29:
> > I have this issue:
> > in /root/.bashrc there is an alias which breaks my script in the
> > following way:
> > When I need to copy or del a file the rm -i and cp -i are preventing
> > things from running smoothly.
> >
> > I have tried numerous tricks none work?
> >
> > could some-one please show me how you work around this without editing
> > the basrc files?
>
> unalias cp
>
> at top of your script.
>
> > Chadley Wilson
>
> Alexander

Thanks Alexander, I am glad you and your fountain of knowledge is helping me,

this is what I get in my script after adding  these two line to the top of the
script. I even created a new script with these two caommands and get the same
output.
If I run the command on the command line it works,

[root at check42 updates]# sh test.sh
Starting the update process
test.sh: line 7: unalias: cp: not found
test.sh: line 8: unalias: mv: not found
[root at check42 updates]#

I am sure there is an environment variable that I have not set,
what do you think?

--
Chadley Wilson
Redhat Certified Technician