Up2date, Aborted Downloads, and GPG

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Jan 12 01:05:11 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 12.01.2005 schrieb pmconway um 1:40:

> I'm having trouble with the updates initiated by using Fedora FC3's Red Hat Network Alert Notification Tool
> (RHNANT) - especially larger rpms like the kernel. With "Downloader for X" I have fewer aborted downloads,
> plus I can resume any that still do abort.  As I understand it though, I'm sacrificing the GPG feature of the
> RHNANT by doing this.  Is there an another relatively easy program/technique by which I can resume
> downloads and still have the GPG security (which, admittedly, I don't understand)?

> Trish

Stay with up2date but configure it to use nearby mirror servers. I am
using it myself since FC1 and have no major problems.

http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror

That paper I wrote to explains reasons and steps for adjusting the
up2date sources file.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.8_FC2smp
Serendipity 02:02:42 up 1 day, 13 users, load average: 0.75, 1.07, 1.17