Newbie Help Needed....

David Amos dave at marvinthemartian.f9.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 00:16:18 UTC 2005

Hi all

Newbie here, have finally taken the plunge into Linux properly with
Fedora (which I have installed, and am chuffed to say email is being
sent from...) However I am having a few teething problems that are
driving me up the wall, and hope someone can answer, or at least guide
me in the right direction...

1: I have a Sony Vaio laptop, and Linux runs fine ecexpt the Wireless,
for which I have found the RPM's on sourceforge (ipw2200....) RPM's
install but seem to be missing libraries, and have downloaded all
relevent rpm's etc as I can find...

2: I installed Fedora using the developer/work station setup, but cannot
for the life of me get MySQL Query Browser runnning once again
dependancies, but don't know where to look which package is required to
allow me to install this.

I am currently wondering if it may be easier to install Fedora clean,
and not download anything but the kernel update, and Wireless driver
first to test...

Any advice/suggestions/ideas...?

Regards

Dave