[Madwifi-users] Problem with madwifi in Compaq EVO N1020v + FC3 + 2.6.10-1_741

Samuel Díaz García samueldg at arcoscom.com
Thu Jan 20 18:23:45 UTC 2005

I response in your message.

Thanks for all.

    Samuel Díaz García
     Director Gerente
ArcosCom Wireless, S.L.L.

mailto:samueldg at arcoscom.com
http://www.arcoscom.com
móvil: 651 93 72 48
tlfn/fax: 956 70 13 15

Michael Renzmann wrote:
> Hi.
>
> (Removed madwifi-devel from CC-list; there is no need for posting to
> both madwifi-lists, and madwifi-users is the correct one for your
> problem at this time)
>
> Samuel Díaz García wrote:
>
>> Some help about the problem?
>> What can be the problem?
>

> It would be good if you could add some more information about your
> system. From your description I'd guess that there are serious problems
> regarding cardbus/pci. Also, there is a similar report from another
> user, which can be found at
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.madwifi.devel/573

I have read his original messages and appears to be the same problem,
the card is detected when "something" wants.

I also added some entries to my pci-ids files but it appears to do nothing.

> It would be interesting to see if your system is similar to the system
> of Joshua (who started the thread mentioned above). Maybe some parallels
> can be found this way.

My system have a Texas Instruments PCI4410 PCI bridge (if it helps to
anyone).

>> I tryed with acpi=noirq in kernel parameters. [...]
>

> Did you try automatic setup (with the mechanisms provided by Fedora)
> only, or also manual loading of the madwifi modules?

All, I tried all, with system-network-config, with profiles there,
manually remove and install modules, nothing.

It works when it want. It seems that the problem isn't madwifi (except
when the "ath%d" message appears in dmesg), but I don't know where I can
search to solve the problem.

I tried to recompile the pcmcia-cs sources (only compile the utils, not
the modules because my kernel is a 2.6.10.1_741-fc3).

I don't tried to recompile madwifi, because I don't think the problem
were 100% of the "madwifi-kmdl" package I have installed (the update is
2 days ago).

I think it can be a "race condition" (I think only).

> Bye, Mike

Thanks Mike