Syslog Question (Receiving Remote Logs).

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Jan 24 19:21:58 UTC 2005

David Cary Hart wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 15:25 +0000, [NICK] wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I'm having trouble finding what I need... :-(
>>
>>Does anyone know if it's possible to take incoming logs and write
>>different files for different sources ?
>>

>Not a complete answer but most people are better off using the ULOG
>target (rather than LOG) in IPTables which will give you a separate
>firewall log. I believe that the ULOG target is built into the stock
>kernels. Take a look at http://gnumonks.org/projects/project_details?
>p_id=1
>Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
>http://www.TQMcube.com

Taking a little bit further down the road the question from the OP, is
there a way to deliver mail sent to root to a regular e-mail address
(say my usual e-amil address) so that I could recieve mail from my
server which would actually be the mail sent to root's mailbox, but
re-directed to me (the actual system admin). Is there a safe way of
doing that? If so how?